This blog will look at ventilation system design and its applications. Here are a few definitions that will be used quite often in this blog post:
- Fresh air duct – supplies fresh air to the ventilation unit.
- Supply air ducts – distribute the fresh air from the unit to the rooms.
- Exhaust air ducts – conduct indoor air to the ventilation unit, which uses the thermal capacity to warm incoming fresh air, as necessary.
- Waste air duct – removes exhaust air by conveying it from the ventilation unit to the exhaust pipe on the roofs.
- Mineral wool – refers to both glass wool and rock wool. Mineral wool does not burn or rot.